For a quick cup of excellent coffee downtown, head to this ultra-stylish coffee shop on the ground floor of Fujii Daimaru department store.
% Arabica Fujii Daimaru – image © Chris Rowthorn
If you find yourself in need of coffee when shopping on Shijo-dori Street or at nearby Nishiki Market, this chic artisanal coffee shop is sure to please. They serve some of the best coffee in town and there’s a small sitting area where you can watch a parade of young fashionistas walk by as you sip your drink. It’s a nice change from the international chains that have come to dominate Kyoto.
In case you’re wondering, the name is pronounced ‘Percent Arabica’.
There are two other Arabica branches in Kyoto – % Arabica Higashiyama and % Arabica Arashiyama.
Fujii Daimaru Department Store Shijo-Teramachi Shimogyo-ku
10:30am – 8pm daily
Non-smoking area: Yes
3min walk from Kawaramachi Station, Hankyu Kyoto line
5min walk from Gion Shijo Station, Keihan Line
Website: Official Website
Read customer reviews of % Arabica Fujii Daimaru on TripAdvisor
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Near To Here:
% Arabica Fujii Daimaru is located in Kyoto’s Downtown district. See our complete list of things to do in Downtown Kyoto, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world