The Kyoto Hotel Granvia is not only the best hotel in the Kyoto Station area, it’s also the most convenient, since it located directly above the station itself.
Some of the upper floors of the Kyoto Station Building are occupied by the Hotel Granvia, a five-star Western-style hotel that claims the most convenient location in town for those who want to be near a variety of transport options. The rooms are fairly spacious and well maintained, and there are some good on-site restaurants and bars. The lobby is elegant and some rooms have good views over the city. You’re also within minutes walk of the two great food courts in Kyoto Station: The Cube Food Court and Eat Paradise Food Court.
JR Kyoto Station, Chuo-guchi, Karasuma-dori, Shiokoji sagaru, Shimogyo-ku
:: Check availability and pricing for Kyoto Hotel Granvia on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
Connected to JR Kyoto station (Karasuma central gate)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Station Area Recommendations
See my complete list of hand-picked recommendations for the Kyoto Station Area, including things to do, places to eat and places to stay.
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world