The Cube Food Court, a collection of excellent restaurants on the 11th floor of the Kyoto Station Building, is one of the best places to eat in the station.
Starting from the main atrium of Kyoto Station and looking north (toward Kyoto Tower), take the series of escalators on the left that lead up to the 11th floor (yes, that’s a lot of escalators). Step off the escalators on the 11th floor and walk a bit to your left and you’ll see the entrance to The Cube Food Court (it’s connected to the Eat Paradise Food Court – take a hard left to get into The Cube Food Court). This is another great collection of sit-down restaurants in Kyoto Station. Choose from okonomiyaki (griddle cakes), noodles, tonkatsu (pork cutlets), Italian and even Kyoto-style spaghetti.
For more Kyoto child friendly restaurant choices, see our Best Child-Friendly Restaurants in Kyoto page.
11F Kyoto Station Bldg., 901 Higashi Shiokoji-cho, Karasuma-dori, Shiokoji sagaru, Shimogyo-ku
Cheap~Moderate (depends on the restaurant)
Non-smoking area: Depends on the restaurant (mostly non-smoking the whole day, but some restaurants allow smoking outside of lunch time)
Connected to JR Kyoto Station (inside the Kyoto Station Building)
Official Website (Japanese, machine-translated to English)
More Restaurant Suggestions: See my list of Kyoto’s Best Restaurants for more eating inspiration. The list covers all cuisines and price ranges.
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Near To Here:
The Cube Food Court is located in Kyoto Station area. See our complete list of things to do in Kyoto Station area, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world