The Hotel Hokke Club Kyoto is almost always a pleasant surprise: a clean, well-run business hotel just steps from Kyoto Station at a great price.
The Hokke Club chain has been doing something right: I recently stayed in a branch in Hiroshima and found it to be excellent. This Kyoto branch looks equally as good. First, the location can’t be beat: It’s directly across from Kyoto Station (only the Granvia, which sits atop the station, commands a better location – but you pay for it). Rooms are decent sized for a business hotel and they’re very well kept. And the price is the the cherry on the top of the cake – rates here are definitely a bit cheaper than other hotels in this class.
Name in English:
Hotel Hokke Club Kyoto
Name in Japanese:
579-16 Higashishiokoji-cho, Muromachi-higashi-iru, Shiokoji-dori, Shimogyo-ku
Internet: free wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
1min walk from JR Kyoto Station Karasuma central gate
Official site (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
See my complete list of hand-picked recommendations for the Kyoto Station Area, including things to do, places to eat and places to stay.
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)