The Kyoto Brighton Hotel is a large five-star hotel located somewhat inconveniently a few blocks west of the Kyoto Imperial Palace Park
The Kyoto Hotel Brighton is something of an oddball among Kyoto hotels. Built around a huge atrium, the rooms are huge and slightly dated, but they’re well maintained and there are several good onsite restaurants. The only problem is that it’s a bit of a trek to the sightseeing districts from here. The only major sight within walking distance is the Kyoto Imperial Palace Park, which would be a good spot for a morning jog. Unfortunately, it’s popular with bus groups, which creates an atmosphere not to everyone’s liking.
Nakadachiuri, Shinmachi-dori, Kamigyo-ku
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
8min walk from Imadegwa Station Exit 6, Karasuma subway line
Official Site (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world