Temperatures begin to rise in Kyoto in March, but be prepared for cooler weather too. This is a great time to visit, particularly towards the latter half of the month
March temperatures in Kyoto:
Average high (C/F): 13/56
Average low (C/F): 4/39
Kyoto Weather In March
It warms up nicely in March. It might be cold, cool or warm during March, so be prepared for anything but hot weather. This is a great time to visit. In mid-March the plums blossom and in late March, the cherries usually start blossom. Most of March is uncrowded, but the last week tends to be busy with domestic tourists.
- Best Time To Go To Kyoto
- Kyoto Weather in January
- Kyoto Weather in February
- Kyoto Weather in March
- Kyoto Weather in April
- Kyoto Weather in May
- Kyoto Weather in June
- Kyoto Weather in July
- Kyoto Weather in August
- Kyoto Weather in September
- Kyoto Weather in October
- Kyoto Weather in November
- Kyoto Weather in December
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy - here's how.
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)