The Gion Apartments are several well-maintained short-lease apartments in the Miyagawa-cho geisha district.
If you like the convenience of having your own apartment when travelling, then the Gion Apartments are sure to appeal. Each unit has it’s own kitchenette, laundry facilities and en suite shower/bath.
You can book online at Old Kyoto, the official website for The Gion Apartments and several other similar properties, such as Amber House, The Gion House and Indigo House.
Yamatooji-dori Gojo agaru, Higashiyama-ku
Internet: wifi access
5min walk from Kiyomizu Gojo Station, Keihan line
Official website (English)
Read guest reviews of The Gion Apartments on TripAdvisor
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world