Fujii-Daimaru is a small department store in downtown Kyoto with a strong focus on youth fashion. The basement food floor (known as Tavelt) is quite good here.
Fujii Daimaru Department Store Exterior image © Chris Rowthorn
Overshadowed by the larger stores nearby, Fujii-Daimaru is a nice little department store with some interesting shops. Of particular interest to travelers are the Tavelt Food Floor and the branch of the %Arabica coffee chain.
For more Kyoto resutoran-gai choices, see our Best Resutoran-gai in Kyoto page.
Fujii-Daimaru Department Store
605 Teianmae-cho, Nakagyo-ku
1-minute walk from Kawaramachi Station on the Hankyu Line
10-minute walk from Karasuma Station on the Karasuma Subway Line
Official website (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth itfor you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world