The Hyatt Regency Kyoto offers excellent, spacious rooms, great on-site restaurants, attentive and polished service and a convenient location. It’s a top choice for a relaxing stay in Kyoto. It’s highly recommended.
While other hotels in Kyoto might claim slightly more convenient locations, like the Kyoto Hotel Okura or the Westin Miyako Hotel, no hotel in Kyoto offers the service, the décor, the stylish rooms or the overall professionalism of the Hyatt. It’s for this reason that the best and the brightest are to be found here.
With a spacious breakfast area serving food guaranteed to delight Western palates, a brilliant Italian restaurant, a fine sushi bar and one of the most interestingly designed bars in town, not to mention beautiful guest rooms, the Hyatt just nails it. Sure, it’s a little out of the way on Shichijo-dori, but you’re only 20 minutes’ walk from Kyoto Station or Kiyomizu-dera Temple, and a taxi will get you just about anywhere in town in 15 minutes or less.
644-2 Sanjusangendo-mawari, Higashiyama-ku
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
5min walk from Shichijo Station, Keihan line
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)