After marveling at the famed “Golden Pavilion,” you might want a bite to eat before heading back downtown. Here are of our favorite restaurants near Kinkaku-ji Temple.
Kinkaku-ji Temple: marcociannarel / Shutterstock.com
There are several good restaurants near Kinkaku-ji, including one or two on the road right in front and several more out on the main street (Nishi-oji).
- Kinkaku-ji Itadaku
A great, friendly spot for yoshoku (Japanese versions of Western favorites like pork cutlets).
A fine soba restaurant where they make their own soba and serve it in several tempting ways.
- Hamazushi Kinkaku-ji
A popular and casual kaiten-sushi (automatic sushi) restaurant that is popular with local families.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how