A high-end Japanese department store located inside the Kyoto Station Building.
While it might not compete with Takashiyama Department Store or Daimaru Department Store downtown, if you want to do some clothes shopping etc while in the Kyoto Station area, this is a great place to do it. Many major international and domestic brands are represented and you can get English-language assistance by asking at the main information counter. For us, the real highlight here are the Isetan Department Store Food Floors, which occupy the two basement floors of the building.
Higashi Shiokoji-cho, Karasuma-dori, Shiokoji sagaru, Shimogyo-ku
Connected to JR Kyoto Station (Inside of Kyoto Station Building)
Official Website (Japanese)
More Restaurant Suggestions: See my list of Kyoto’s Best Restaurants for more eating inspiration. The list covers all cuisines and price ranges.
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads