A high-end Japanese department store located inside the Kyoto Station Building.
While it might not compete with Takashiyama Department Store or Daimaru Department Store downtown, if you want to do some clothes shopping etc while in the Kyoto Station area, this is a great place to do it. Many major international and domestic brands are represented and you can get English-language assistance by asking at the main information counter. For us, the real highlight here are the Isetan Department Store Food Floors, which occupy the two basement floors of the building.
Higashi Shiokoji-cho, Karasuma-dori, Shiokoji sagaru, Shimogyo-ku
Connected to JR Kyoto Station (Inside of Kyoto Station Building)
:: Check availability and pricing for hotels near to Kyoto Isetan on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
Official Website (Japanese)
More Restaurant Suggestions: See my list of Kyoto’s Best Restaurants for more eating inspiration. The list covers all cuisines and price ranges.
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Near To Here:
Isetan Department Store is located in Kyoto Station area. See our complete list of things to do in Kyoto Station area, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world