The fall foliage this year in Kyoto is the best it’s been in years. I was lucky enough to be out with some clients on the day that it was absolutely peaking. And yesterday, I took a casual stroll in the morning up to Shinyodo and Kurodani temples, behind my house, and here is what I saw:
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads