Incredibly, bakery Ça Marche offers more than 100 types of bread, which sees locals queuing out the door. There’s an outdoor terrace, so it’s also a great place to watch the world go by.
Ça Marche – image © Florentyna Leow
What’s not to love about a bakery with more than 100 types of bread to choose from? We love the sheer variety of options at Ça Marche – as do the locals, who you’ll often find queuing out the door. In addition to the more conventional loaves, you can also snack on unusual buns like black tea cream bread. We like that Ça Marche has an outdoor terrace and the whole place is non-smoking. It’s pretty kid-friendly too.
3-1-3 Yamamoto-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, 650-0003
Closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Subway and Train: 7-minute walk from the subway west exit 3 of Sannomiya / Kobe Sannomiya Station.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Ça Marche on TripAdvisor.
More Kobe Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Kobe page.
Kobe Travel Guide:
- Kobe Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Kobe
- Places To Eat In Kobe
- Kobe Itineraries
- Family-friendly Attractions in Kobe
- Kobe Cherry Blossoms
- Kobe Fall Foliage
- Kobe Districts
- Kobe Ryokan
- Kobe Hotels
- Kobe Map
- How To Get To Kobe
- Getting Around Kobe
- Best Time To Go To Kobe
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)