If you’re interested in trying a more Japanese bakery, Isuzu in the Sannomiya-Motomachi district is a good choice for breakfast pastries, such as a ‘toreron’ sausage roll or curry bread.
Isuzu Bakery – image © Florentyna Leow
Isuzu Bakery has been around for the better part of a century (more than 70 years) and it’s a real local institution. It’s a take-out shop only, and there are 4 branches around the Sannomiya and Motomachi areas. A good place for breakfast pastries – we like their ‘toreron’ sausage roll, curry breads, and their simple loaves. Isuzu is definitely a more Japanese-style bakery but they’re perfectly decent for simple breakfasts on the go.
1-11-19 Motomachi-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, 650-0022
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit 2 of Kyukyoryuchi-Daimarumae Station on the Kobe Municipal Subway Kaigan Line.
Train: 2-minute walk from the east exit of Motomachi Station on the JR Kobe Line and Hanshin Main Line.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Isuzu Bakery on TripAdvisor.
More Kobe Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Kobe page.
Kobe Restaurants Reservation Service:
You can reserve tables hassle-free at Kobe restaurants with Voyagin’s Kobe Restaurant Reservation service.
Kobe Travel Guide:
- Kobe Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Kobe
- Places To Eat In Kobe
- Kobe Itineraries
- Family-friendly Attractions in Kobe
- Kobe Cherry Blossoms
- Kobe Fall Foliage
- Kobe Districts
- Kobe Ryokan
- Kobe Hotels
- Kobe Map
- How To Get To Kobe
- Getting Around Kobe
- Best Time To Go To Kobe
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)