Kitano Club is a gorgeous hillside restaurant serving French fine-dining. It’s reasonably pricy but the food is classic and the bar offers excellent views of Kobe below.
Kitano Club – image © Florentyna Leow
Looking for a special spot for dinner? Look no further than Kitano Club. This gorgeous restaurant is situated on a hillside overlooking Kobe, and is a favourite with locals for French fine-dining cuisine. It’s been open for more than half a century. The menu changes each month, but typically includes classics like foie gras, roast meats, and escargot. Eating here is expensive, but not crushingly so. Set courses begin at JPY7,000 and cap out at JPY16,000. Settle down in the bar and lounge area after dinner, and enjoy the panoramic views of Kobe below.
1-5-7 Kitano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, 650-0002
Subway: 7-minute walk from the south exit of Shinkobe Station on the Kobe Municipal Subway Seishin-Yamate Line.
Train: 13-minute walk from Sannomiya / Kobe Sannomiya Station.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Kitano Club on TripAdvisor.
More Kobe Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Kobe page.
Kobe Restaurants Reservation Service:
You can reserve tables hassle-free at Kobe restaurants with Voyagin’s Kobe Restaurant Reservation service.
Kobe Travel Guide:
- Kobe Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Kobe
- Places To Eat In Kobe
- Kobe Itineraries
- Family-friendly Attractions in Kobe
- Kobe Cherry Blossoms
- Kobe Fall Foliage
- Kobe Districts
- Kobe Ryokan
- Kobe Hotels
- Kobe Map
- How To Get To Kobe
- Getting Around Kobe
- Best Time To Go To Kobe
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)