Appropriately for Kobe, Gyu Ramen Yazawa serves up delicious beef ramen dishes simmered in a choice of broth. This Sannomiya-based restaurant lives up to its reputation.
Kobe Gyu Ramen Yazawa – image © Florentyna Leow
In Kobe, even the ramen comes with Kobe beef. Okay, we jest – but Kobe Gyu Ramen Yazawa’s Kobe beef ramen does live up to the hype. The flavourful broth consists of beef bones and local vegetables simmered for many hours, and they even swap out the traditional pork chashu topping for Kobe beef. Depending on the variant you order, it might be a more delicate soup reminiscent of pho, or a thicker, richer broth. Either way, this ramen is pretty darn delicious. If you have room, consider a side of Kobe beef gyoza dumplings.
Kobe Gyu Ramen Yazawa
142-4 Center Plaza West, 2-11-1 Sannomiya-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, 650-0021
〒650-0021 神戸市中央区三宮町2-11-1 センタープラザ西館142-4
Train and Subway: 4-minute walk from the Hankyu west exit of Sannomiya / Kobe Sannomiya Station.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Kobe Gyu Ramen Yazawa on TripAdvisor.
More Kobe Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Kobe page.
Kobe Travel Guide:
- Kobe Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Kobe
- Places To Eat In Kobe
- Kobe Itineraries
- Family-friendly Attractions in Kobe
- Kobe Cherry Blossoms
- Kobe Fall Foliage
- Kobe Districts
- Kobe Ryokan
- Kobe Hotels
- Kobe Map
- How To Get To Kobe
- Getting Around Kobe
- Best Time To Go To Kobe
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth itfor you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world