Kobe Gyu Takakura is a small Kobe steak restaurant in the Sannomiya-Motomachi district. The menu is flexible and you can tailor to your budget but you’ll need a reservation.
Kobe Gyu Takakura – image © Florentyna Leow
Kobe Gyu Takakura might be small, but it pulls no punches. You can’t hide behind mediocre beef when you’re serving steak, and thankfully, Takakura delivers on the quality of its Kobe beef. Dinners here are as expensive as you want them to be – meaning that you could order 80g of lean red meat for JPY2,500, or shell out as much as JPY65,000 for 300g of premium chateaubriand steak (translation: that’s a center cut fillet of tenderloin). Make your beef order a set meal for an additional JPY800, or turn it into a multi-course meal complete with side dishes, soup, rice, and dessert for an extra JPY2800. Make a reservation here if you can.
Kobe Gyu Takakura
1-2-10 Nakayamate-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, 650-0004
Subway and Train: 1-minute walk from the subway west exit 2 of Sannomiya / Kobe Sannomiya Station.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Kobe Gyu Takakura on TripAdvisor.
More Kobe Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Kobe page.
Kobe Travel Guide:
- Kobe Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Kobe
- Places To Eat In Kobe
- Kobe Itineraries
- Family-friendly Attractions in Kobe
- Kobe Cherry Blossoms
- Kobe Fall Foliage
- Kobe Districts
- Kobe Ryokan
- Kobe Hotels
- Kobe Map
- How To Get To Kobe
- Getting Around Kobe
- Best Time To Go To Kobe
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth itfor you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world