As the name suggests, Kobe Steak Restaurant Mouriya Honten is a well-established teppanyaki steakhouse in the Sannomiya part of Kobe, that’s been in business for over 130 years.
Kobe Steak Restaurant Mouriya Honten – image © Florentyna Leow
Mouriya’s M.O. is well-aged Kobe beef done well (but hopefully not well done) and given that this teppanyaki steakhouse has been running for over 130 years, they’re probably doing something right. As expected of any good Kobe beef restaurant, they’re meticulous about the ranch they get all their meat from. Choose from a wide variety of cuts from fillet to rib eye, sit back, and watch the chefs whip up a fantastic dinner. Visit them during lunch for a more wallet-friendly meal.
Kobe Steak Restaurant Mouriya Honten
2-1-17 Shimoyamate-dori, Chuoh-ku, Kobe-shi, 650-0011
Subway and Train: In front of the subway west exit 1 of Sannomiya / Kobe Sannomiya Station.
:: Read customer reviews of Kobe Steak Restaurant Mouriya Honten on TripAdvisor.
More Kobe Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Kobe page.
Kobe Travel Guide:
- Kobe Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Kobe
- Places To Eat In Kobe
- Kobe Itineraries
- Family-friendly Attractions in Kobe
- Kobe Cherry Blossoms
- Kobe Fall Foliage
- Kobe Districts
- Kobe Ryokan
- Kobe Hotels
- Kobe Map
- How To Get To Kobe
- Getting Around Kobe
- Best Time To Go To Kobe
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)