Located in the Sannomiya-Motomachi district, you’ll need a reservation to eat at Kokubu. But the restaurant is a strong contender for sampling Kobe’s famous beef.
Kokubu – image © Florentyna Leow
Here’s another good place to try Kobe beef in the Sannomiya area. Kokubu doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel here and that’s exactly how we like it. Think cubes of marbled beef, seared on the outside, tender and pink within. Meals here aren’t inexpensive; you’ll run upwards of JPY6,000+ for 100g of beef. Don’t forget to finish your meal with their gorgeous garlic rice. You will most likely need a reservation to dine here. Ask your hotel concierge.
2F Sanmei bldg., 1-21-2 Kitanagasa-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, 650-0012
〒650-0012 神戸市中央区北長狭通1-21-2 サンメイビル2F
Subway and Train: 2-minute walk from the subway west exit 2 of Sannomiya / Kobe Sannomiya Station.
:: Read customer reviews of Kokubu on TripAdvisor.
More Kobe Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Kobe page.
Kobe Travel Guide:
- Kobe Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Kobe
- Places To Eat In Kobe
- Kobe Itineraries
- Family-friendly Attractions in Kobe
- Kobe Cherry Blossoms
- Kobe Fall Foliage
- Kobe Districts
- Kobe Ryokan
- Kobe Hotels
- Kobe Map
- How To Get To Kobe
- Getting Around Kobe
- Best Time To Go To Kobe
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world