Nishimura’s Coffee in the Kitano-cho district is an elegant space to spend an hour or two. Tasteful interiors, on-site roasting, and delicious cakes make for a great experience.
Nishimura’s Coffee – image © Florentyna Leow
If you’re looking for a cafe to wile away an afternoon in, you could do far worse than Nishimura’s Coffee. This cafe has been in operation since 1948, and is set in an Ijinkan – a foreign merchant’s residence built in the German style. It’s a beautifully elegant space. We love the antiques and wooden furniture inside, as much we love the Vienna coffee, coffee jelly, and cakes. All their coffee beans are roasted on-site.
1-26-3 Nakayamate-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, 650-0004
Subway and Train: 5-minute walk from the subway east exit 8 of Sannomiya / Kobe Sannomiya Station.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Nishimura’s Coffee on TripAdvisor.
More Kobe Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Kobe page.
Kobe Travel Guide:
- Kobe Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Kobe
- Places To Eat In Kobe
- Kobe Itineraries
- Family-friendly Attractions in Kobe
- Kobe Cherry Blossoms
- Kobe Fall Foliage
- Kobe Districts
- Kobe Ryokan
- Kobe Hotels
- Kobe Map
- How To Get To Kobe
- Getting Around Kobe
- Best Time To Go To Kobe
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world