Exploring the mountain trails of Fushima-Inari can really make you hungry. Here are some of the best restaurants near Fushimi-Inaria-Taisha.
Fushimi-Inari-Taisha Shrine: Kanuman / Shutterstock.com
There are simple teahouses all along the upper trails on the mountain. They all serve the same things: tea, soft drinks, soba and a few sweets. For more substantial meals, try the restaurants near the two train stations. Or, if you want to stay on the mountain, though, try the following place:
For hearty noodle (soba/udon) and rice dishes, this friendly and popular restaurant is highly recommended. It’s a short walk downhill from the Keihan station.
- Gyukatsu Kyoto Katsugyu Fushimi Inari
For rich beef cutlets, this chain restaurant is sure to please. It’s across the street from Kendonya (see above).
This excellent little café serves the usual tea and coffee drinks, as well as some pastries and light meals. The back dining deck is very nice in warm weather.
- Vermillion Café
This branch of the above café is on the main street below the shrine (near the JR station). It serves similar items to the main branch up on the hill.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world