If you’re keen to try Kobe beef but are on a stricter budget, Steakland Kobe-kan in the Sannomiya district is here for you. One of the most affordable restaurants in the city but also a fun experience.
Steakland Kobe-kan – image © Florentyna Leow
Kobe beef is notoriously expensive. If you’re keen to try but wary about breaking the bank, try Steakland Kobe-kan. Even at dinnertime, the most you’ll pay for 140g of premium tenderloin steak is JPY13,100, and that comes with appetisers, soup, salad, veg, carbs, dessert, and coffee. It’s definitely a more affordable restaurant than many in the city. Being able to watch the chefs cook everything in front of you is super fun, and the English language menu is a bonus!
6F Sannomiya Kogyo bldg., 1-9-17 Kitanagasa-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, 650-0012
〒650-0012 神戸市中央区北長狭通1-9-17 三宮興業ビル6F
10:30am-2pm, 5pm-10pm (Monday-Friday)
10:30am-10pm (Saturday, Sunday and national holidays)
Train and Subway: 1-minute walk from the Hankyu west exit of Sannomiya / Kobe Sannomiya Station.
Official Website (machine translation)
:: Read customer reviews of Steakland Kobe-kan on TripAdvisor.
More Kobe Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Kobe page.
Kobe Restaurants Reservation Service:
You can reserve tables hassle-free at Kobe restaurants with Voyagin’s Kobe Restaurant Reservation service.
Kobe Travel Guide:
- Kobe Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Kobe
- Places To Eat In Kobe
- Kobe Itineraries
- Family-friendly Attractions in Kobe
- Kobe Cherry Blossoms
- Kobe Fall Foliage
- Kobe Districts
- Kobe Ryokan
- Kobe Hotels
- Kobe Map
- How To Get To Kobe
- Getting Around Kobe
- Best Time To Go To Kobe
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)