Fall foliage at Hokyo-in Temple – image © Jeffrey Friedl
Hokyo-in Temple is one of the least visited temples in Arashiyama. But, if you are in Arashiyama when the fall foliage is working, definitely pay it a visit. The colors are spectacular!
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads