Eikan-do Temple with fall colors – image © Jeffrey Friedl
Eikan-do Temple is probably Kyoto’s most famous fall foliage spot, and you can see why: the colors here are spectacular. This shot was taken from the pagoda that overlooks the grounds.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads