Red maple leaves at Shinyo-do Temple – image © Damien Douxchamps
Not far from Ginkaku-ji Temple, up on Yoshida-yama Hill, you’ll find the lovely Shinyo-do Temple. This is one of the city’s best foliage spots due to the number of maples dotted around the grounds.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads