Autumn colors at Enko-ji Temple – image © Damien Douxchamps
One of my favorite little temples in Kyoto is Enko-ji Temple, which is a few kilometers north of Ginkaku-ji, in northern Higashiyama. You can easily pair this temple with a visit to Manshu-in or Shisen-do.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads